Bleeding of nose is such a common phenomena during summer in children as well as in adults.
Let me give you some very useful tips to stop nose bleeding.
- Calmly sit down in an upright position, not back in the chair. This will help to keep blood from going down the back of your throat. Breathe through your mouth.
- Lemon Juice: You can put few drops of lemon juice in your nostrils. Experts suggest that lemon is a good antiseptic that can promote coagulation of blood, thereby treating bleeding of nose.
- Salt Water Treatment: If nose bleeding is due to dryness of the membranous lining of the nose, salt water can be an effective treatment. You can add a pinch of salt in water and spray it in your nose. It is suggested that the anticoagulant property and dehumidifying effect (reduce nasal dryness) of salt water can stop nose bleeding.
- Amla Juice (Indian Gooseberry): Experts recommend juice of amla as an effective treatment for nose bleeding. You can insert few drops of freshly prepared amla juice as nasal drops. Amla juice contains vitamin C, which is a natural antioxidant that can repair cellular damage, thereby treating nose bleeding. Vitamin C is also suggested to reduce duration and severity of cold, leading to stoppage of bleeding.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: It is recommended that apple cider vinegar can be useful in stopping bleeding of nose. For this, you can dip a cotton ball in vinegar and lightly place it into your nostril. You can also take 2 teaspoons of cider vinegar in a glass of water and drink this 3 times daily. Vinegar will help blood to thicken and thus stop nasal bleeding.
- Wet Towel Treatment: It is suggested that wet towel treatment can be effective in treating nose bleeding. You can put wet towel on your head. This will humidify the membranous lining of the nose and prevent bleeding of nose.
- Nose Pinching: To stop nose bleeding you can gently squeeze your nose on the bridge just below the bones. While doing this, lean forward and try to avoid tilting your head as this can make the blood go down your throat! Keep on pinching for 3-5 minutes without interruption, and while doing this, avoid blowing your nose.